#10 SELF-AWARENESS IN 7 STEPS
For #10 SELF-AWARENESS we are going to focus on self. Yup, you! Because if you’re not aware of yourself how can you be all you can be to someone else. So, let’s define self-awareness in 7 steps:
1) Self-awareness involves being aware of different aspects of the self including traits, behaviors, and feelings. Essentially, it is the ability to take an honest look at your life without attachment to it being right or wrong. 🧐
2) Self-awareness is recognizing your strengths 💯 and acknowledging (not hiding) your weaknesses. 🤔
3) Self-awareness is being able to self-reflect 🪞 to find spaces to grow. You don’t have to always be right ✅ but you must be able to see the wrong 🚫 to make it right.
4) Self-awareness is being equally loud or quiet when you’re WRONG ❌ as when you are RIGHT ✅. Admit when you’re wrong 😑 and own it.
‼️ THIS NEXT ONE IS IMPORTANT ‼️
5) Self-awareness is also how you monitor your SELF-TALK. Yup, how you talk to yourself. How you speak to yourself is important to your life than you may realize. It has a direct path to who you become than outside influences. If you speak about yourself negatively 😑 or passive aggressively, 😒 your actions may follow that negativity and influence other decisions you make. Fix 🛠 that inner conversation first!!! Watch how you talk to yourself. Rule of thumb is, if you wouldn’t say it to somebody else, why would you talk to yourself that way? 💁🏽♀️
6) Self-awareness is being able to day ‘NO’. Saying ‘no’ isn’t just what you say to your kids. 🙅♀️ Saying ‘no’ is powerful 💪🏾because it’s your commitment to yourself. 🤗 You have one commodity in life that you cannot get back and that’s your time. Saying no to things that do not bring you what you would like for your life (joy, peace ✌️, health, pursuit to your happiness), you have every right to say no. The ones that love you may not always like it but they will understand. And the ones that don’t understand maybe weren’t real to begin with. 🤷🏾♂️ #IJS
7) Lastly, self-awareness is probably the hardest. Self-awareness is also asking for feedback. 😯 It’s hard sometimes to admit that you are wrong or you don’t know something about yourself. I mean, who knows you better than you, right? 😳Welllllll, sometimes, but not all the time, you may not know as much as you think and may need to get some feedback from someone else. Someone perhaps more knowledgeable, or experienced or someone capable in explaining what you may not be able to see or figure out about yourself. This person doesn’t have to be better off than you in life, either. Don’t dismiss a possible opportunity to learn more about you. Putting judgements aside, you can learn from any and all experiences and what you accept to be the lesson from the feedback you’ve attained, is how you add to being more of yourself and build your own life’s character.
Now go out there and pay attention to yourself. We love y’all. ❤️
*Pillow Talk is a quick chat about what goes into a marriage
and what should be important to keep it strong.
Married… For What?! Podcast